Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Oh me, oh my

My innate ability to perpetuate the madness in my head never ceases to amaze me.
I’ve had to deal with myself for 32 years now and still, all I can do is shake my head disapprovingly at the defeated fragments of my former self scattered on the floor. 

There is no talking me out of the mania once my mind starts obsessively weaving its twisted web. All former memories of humiliation that deliver warning have been forgotten. Old cautionary tales told by those who have walked the same mile before me roll off my back.  I’m on a one way track to becoming a  Bon Jovi song.

Do they make a pill for this?

4 comments:

  1. What happened to "Here I go"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! That's the anthem for my "single self"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scientists need to work hard to make a pill for that, because you simply must NOT turn into a Bon Jovi song. The next step after that is Nickleback, I hear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am horrified at the thought, if you need me I'll be under my bed.

    ReplyDelete